When it comes to pizza, nothing beats the flavor of one created in your kitchen. While some people may think doing so is difficult and time consuming, it's actually easier than you think.
The Top 5 Tips to Creating Perfect Pizza
1. While pizza topped with mozzarella is great, give your pie even more pizazz by mixing in some buttery Fontina, sharp Provolone or even a little Asiago to create a cheese blend that your taste buds will love.
2. Heat your oven to 500°F, as this is the right temperature needed to create a pizza crust that's crisp on the outside and chewy in the middle. Add a touch of honey to the dough as it's being made, as this will help the crust brown beautifully and give it a delicious flavor too.
3. Let the dough come to room temperature before rolling it out. When it's warmer, it's much easier to stretch.
4. Don't overload your pizza with too many toppings, as it won't allow the pizza to cook properly and will produce a soggy crust.
5. Who says you have to use pizza sauce on pizzas? Try well-drained Contadina® Diced Tomatoes with Roasted Garlic or Stewed Tomatoes with Italian Herbs to mix things up.
Now that you've mastered the art of making homemade pizza, try out your new skills when you prepare this Nacho Pizza that is perfect for a Family Sunday Dinner.
- 1 cup Contadina® Original Pizza Sauce
- 3/4 cup refried beans
- 1 (12-inch) prepared pizza crust
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe black olives
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. minced jalapeno pepper, to taste
- Slightly crushed tortilla chips, optional
- Chopped fresh cilantro, optional