How to Cook an Italian-inspired Meal for a Large Family
Bringing the flavor of Italy to your dinner table, large or small, is easy when you follow these simple tips.
- Creating a delicious Italian-inspired meal doesn't have to be complicated or take a lot of steps. Wrap honeydew melon with prosciutto or top a sliced baguette with Contadina® Extra Thick & Zesty Tomato Sauce and goat cheese for quick and delicious Italian appetizers.
- Whether it's Caesar salad dressing or Easy Tomato Minestrone, look at which recipes can be made in advance to save time on the day of dinner.
- Instead of bringing out courses, serve your meal buffet-style. Putting out everything at once lets you spend more time with loved ones and less time in the kitchen.
- Make sure you're familiar with all of the recipes you plan on making so if a family member asks to help, you can tell him or her exactly what they can do.
- Cooking with Contadina® gives you quick access to picked-at-their-peak tomatoes that can be used to create a wide variety of authentic Italian dishes.
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cans (14.5 oz. each) College Inn® Fat Free & Lower Sodium Beef Broth
- 1 can (15 oz.) great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (6 oz.) Contadina® Tomato Paste
- 1/2 cup dry macaroni
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tsp. Italian herb seasoning, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) Del Monte® Mixed Vegetables, drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional