- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 50 min
- Makes 4 Servings
- 8 oz. Contadina® Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup Contadina® Traditional Unseasoned Bread Crumbs
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh oregano chopped, or 1 tsp. dried oregano, crushed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 lb. veal cutlets thin
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese thinly sliced
1. Heat 1 tbsp. oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in tomato sauce and oregano. Bring to boil; reduce heat to low. Cook 5 to 10 minutes or until heated through; keep warm.
2. Place egg in shallow dish; beat lightly. Combine crumbs and Parmesan in separate shallow dish. Dip veal in egg; coat with crumb mixture.
3. Heat remaining oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add veal; cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Place veal in 13x9-inch baking dish. sprinkle with mozzarella.
4. Bake in preheated 350ºF oven, 5 to 6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve sauce over veal.
Del Monte Products In This Recipe
Traditional Unseasoned Bread Crumbs