Italian Style Pasta Sauce
- Prep Time: 6 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total Time: 41 min
- Makes 8 Servings
- 28 oz. Contadina® Crushed Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot shredded
- 1/2 cup celery sliced
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper; red pepper flakes crushed
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- pasta hot and cooked
1. Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion, carrot and celery; cook 3 minutes or until tender.
3. Add tomatoes, basil and crushed red pepper. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cook stirring occasionally, 30 minutes.
4. Add cream and simmer 1 to 2 minutes. DO NOT BOIL. Serve over pasta.