Italian Sausage Supper
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 30 min
- Makes 6 Servings
- 6 oz. Contadina® Tomato Paste
- 1 lb. italian sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups zucchini sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. basil dried and crushed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 cups rice cooked
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup romano cheese grated
1. Cook sausage and onion in large skillet over high heat, stirring to break up sausage, for 2 to 3 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Spoon mixture into 2-quart casserole dish. Add zucchini to skillet. Cook for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender; remove from heat.
2. Combine water, tomato paste, basil and salt in small bowl. Add tomato paste mixture and rice to sausage mixture in casserole; stir. Arrange zucchini slices over mixture; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and Romano cheese. Cover.
3. Bake in preheated 350 degree F. oven for 20 minutes.