Italian Country Chicken
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total Time: 1 hr 15 min
- Makes 4 Servings
- 1 14.5 oz. Contadina® Diced Tomatoes with Italian Herbs
- 6 oz. Contadina® Tomato Paste
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. mushrooms quartered
- 1 sweet peppers green, cut into thin strips
- 1 celery stalk sliced
1. Season chicken lightly with salt and pepper, if desired. Brown chicken in hot oil in very large skillet about 10 minutes; turn occasionally. Remove chicken.
2. Cook and stir mushrooms, pepper and celery in same skillet until tender.
3. Stir in undrained tomatoes, tomato paste and 1 cup water; return chicken to skillet. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 30 to 45 minutes or until chicken is done. Serve over hot rice and garnish with celery, if desired.