Classic Minestrone Soup
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 35 min
- Makes 4 Servings
Minestrone is a hearty, traditional Italian soup typically made with beans, pasta and lots of vegetables. Enjoy the slow-cooked flavor in just about 30 minutes, for dinner or lunch with a sprinkling of shredded Parmesan cheese.
- 1 can (15 oz.) Contadina® Tomato Sauce
- 2 cups College Inn® Chicken Broth
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3/4 cup diced carrot
- 3/4 cup sliced celery
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1-1/2 tsp. minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 can (15 oz.) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup dry ditalini pasta or other small pasta
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
1. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook onion, carrot, celery, garlic and rosemary until vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in tomato sauce, beans and 2 1/2 cups water. Add broth, zucchini, pasta and pepper; bring to a simmer. Cook, uncovered, 10 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in parsley. Serve topped with Parmesan cheese and additional parsley, if desired.
Del Monte Products In This Recipe