- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 20 min
- Makes 6 Servings
- 1 14.5 oz. Contadina® Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 tsp. thyme dried and crushed
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper; red pepper flakes crushed
- 1-1/2 lbs. fresh clams scrubbed
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley chopped or 2 teaspoons dried parsley parsley flakes, crushed
1. In medium skillet, heat oil. Add onion and garlic; sauté for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes and juice, wine, thyme, salt and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add clams; cover.
3. Simmer for 5 minutes or until clams open. Discard any clams that do not open. Sprinkle with parsley just before serving.
Del Monte Products In This Recipe