Cacciatore French Bread Pizza
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 20 min
- Makes 8 Servings
- 1 cup Contadina® Original Pizza Sauce
- 6 French rolls
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into thin strips
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced bell pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or l/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/2 cup sliced olives
- 1-1/2 cups (12 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Heat oven to 425°F. Slice bread in half lengthwise. Place cut-side up on a baking sheet. Bake for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly toasted.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, onion, bell pepper and salt; cook, stirring constantly, 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Spread pizza sauce over cut surface of bread; top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with basil, olives and cheese.
3. Bake ifor 5 to 8 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Del Monte Products In This Recipe
Original Pizza Sauce